Development Manager – Back End
Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, is hiring a development manager to build and lead the back-end team. Founded by three cyber-security engineers in 2014, Bittrex’ mission is to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
The development team is small. We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality and we are building our engineering team with those who share our values to help build the next generation of backend solutions and trading tools.
We are looking for a senior technical leader that has built successful large-scale backend services, who is capable of skillfully balancing competing needs for rapid delivery, functionality, security, and stability. Someone with a relentless drive for getting it right the first time. We really enjoy people who can maintain a sharp sense of humor in stressful situations.
· Build and lead the back-end team
· Oversee large-scale projects in large production codebases
· Work with others on the development team to build backend solutions and trading tools
· Work on production code that is used by millions of users
· Mentor and coach the professional growth of the team
· Previous experience managing a 20+ person team
· 8+ years’ experience building enterprise systems
· Expertise in C# and SQL
· Experience with Azure or similar cloud platform
· Strong background in implementing microservices and transaction/data processing systems
· Expertise in building and designing APIs (REST, Web sockets)
· Solid understanding of database-driven design concepts, transactional models and programming methods.
· Exposure to distributed systems is a plus.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science is preferred.
· Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
· Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
· Real passion for great engineering, demonstrated through depth and breadth of knowledge.
· We offer very competitive benefits that exceed those of typical startup or midsize companies.
· Premiums covered 100% for employees for medical, dental and vision insurance; 75% for applicable dependents. Short/Long Term disability and life insurance coverage provided automatically for employees. Option to buy additional life insurance.
· Generous paid leave policies to welcome and bond with new family members, and for medical leave
· Flexible time off policy (take time at your discretion) replaces traditional vacation accrual; enjoy 9 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays.
If you are looking for a cookie-cutter arrangement more typical of a big company mentality, this is not the company for you.
The blockchain's impact is expected to exceed that of the internet itself. Are you ready to be part of making that happen? Willing to move to Seattle to do it? Then get in touch with us!
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.