Senior Public Relations and Media Relations Strategist
Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, seeks a Sr. Public Relations and Media Relations Strategist. Founded by three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, its mission is to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology. Due to the overwhelming success of the company, we’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our exceptional team.
The Sr. PR & Media Relations Strategist will work to implement the comprehensive strategy for building and enhancing the Bittrex brand and creating communications initiatives, internally and externally.
The PR & Media Relations Strategist will plan and implement company announcements, including preparing content, pitching journalists, coordinating with partners and staffing spokespeople. This role will also help manage the company’s speaking engagements, sponsorships and participation.
The Sr. PR & Media Relations Strategist will report to the VP, Communications & Marketing and will work closely with senior executives, division leads, customer support, journalists, vendors, legal team and community representatives. This job is based in the Seattle area office.
- Serve as media counselor and strategist for stakeholders within the company
- Generate timely communications for reporters, customers and internal audiences including: press releases, pitches, customer communications, op-eds, Q&As, media statements, talking points, infographics, corporate materials, fact sheets, speeches and blogs
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with top-tier business, financial, government and information security journalists to communicate the company’s key messages and enhance the company’s brand
- Work with the head of communications to develop and implement a global executive visibility program, including speaking opportunities across multiple industries
- Staff senior executives for media and speaking opportunities
- Work with team to develop corporate materials, communications plans, reports, and other materials
- Manage event calendar, industry event participation and sponsorships, speaking opportunities, materials, etc.
- Depending on experience, may manage staff
- Cultivate relationships with business partners, across multiple functions, while delivering appropriate guidance to senior leadership and internal teams
- Help manage external vendors
- Provide crisis communications assistance, if needed
- Periodically develop internal communication pieces
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications or related field; and 6+ years of public relations/communications experience
- Established corporate communications and media relations skills--must have proven experience managing high-profile journalists and generating top-tier press coverage for leading brand(s)
- Established relationships with financial, cybersecurity, cryptocurrency and/or blockchain journalists
- Hands-on communications professional with exceptional writing skills, successful track record with generating news coverage and experience in the technology or financial industry
- Strong understanding of the evolving media landscape and crisis communications experience
- Experience in building and managing media programs that deliver measurable results
- Experience coaching senior executives for high-profile interviews
- Understanding of how to use data and research to drive communication initiatives
- Proven ability to work in fast-growing organization where diverse stakeholder input must be vetted, reconciled and approved
- Experience working in an integrated marketing & communications function
- Previous experience developing, managing and implementing communications strategies for major company announcements
- Self-starter, highly organized and problem solver and strong work ethic
- Excellent writing and copyrighting skills – news releases, fact sheets, talking points, op-eds, executive briefing documents, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
- Management and start-up experience are a plus
- Travel may be required occasionally
- Team player with a good sense of humor
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.