The Director of Communications will help shape, develop and implement the comprehensive strategy for building and enhancing the company’s brand externally and internally. This person works closely with the Vice President of Communications in a strategic and executional role to plan, organize and implement external and internal communications initiatives that enhance the corporate brand and reputation, increase community engagement through events and strengthen both traditional and social media relationships.
This role reports to the VP, Communications and will work closely with senior executives, division leads, customer support, journalists, vendors, legal team and community representatives. This job is based in the Seattle area office
- Serve as senior media counselor and strategist for stakeholders within the company
- Generate timely communications for media, customers and internal audiences including: press releases, pitches, customer communications, op-eds, Q&As, media statements, talking points, infographics, fact sheets, speeches and blogs
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with top-tier business, financial, government and information security journalists to communicate the company’s key messages and enhance the company brand
- Work with the head of communications to develop and implement a global executive visibility program, including speaking opportunities across multiple industries
- Staff senior executives for media and speaking opportunities
- Work with team to develop corporate materials, communications plans, reports, and other materials
- Manage event calendar, industry event participation and sponsorships, speaking opportunities, materials, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with business partners, across multiple functions, while delivering appropriate guidance to senior leadership and internal teams
- Help manage external vendors
- Periodically develop internal communication pieces
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications or related field; and minimum 8 years of public relations/communications experience
- Established corporate communications and media relations skills--must have proven experience managing top-tier press for leading brand(s)
- Established relationships with financial, technology and/or cybersecurity journalists
- Hands-on communications professional with exceptional writing skills, successful track record with generating news coverage and experience in the technology or financial industry
- Strong understanding of changing media landscape and experience with crisis communications
- Experience in building and managing media programs that deliver measurable results
- Experience coaching senior executives for high-profile interviews
- Understanding of how to use data and research to drive initiatives
- Proven ability to work in fast-growing organization where diverse stakeholder input must be vetted, reconciled and approved
- Experience working in an integrated marketing & communications function
- Previous experience overseeing communications for major company announcements
- Self-starter and strong problem solver
- Excellent copyrighting skills – PowerPoint plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
- Team player with a good sense of humor
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.