Chief Product Officer
Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform,
seeks a results-driven Chief Product Officer. Founded by
three cybersecurity engineers in 2014, the mission of Bittrex is to catalyze
advancement of the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating
new and emerging technology. We are looking for a domain-savvy, fintech product
evangelist to lead the direction of feature development.
Chief Product Officer, reports to
the CEO and will lead a team of PMs to define, plan, and execute the
prioritized product definition, differentiating Bittrex’s customer experience.
The CPO is immersed in market trends and collaborates with stakeholders to
identifying insights optimizing product development, with the goal of enabling
our customers to more efficiently use our platform and perpetuate blockchain
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, engineering and other PMs to define platform features, including setting the vision, strategy and priority of new initiatives
- Write clear PRDs that shape the product definition while providing a concrete set of requirements to engineers
- Work closely with the TPM overseeing UI/UX engineers to develop organic and intuitive UIs
- Use of UI mocks to illustrate workflows in support of PRDs
- Work with Data Analytics to proclaim and promote high value data segments in various marketplaces; lending greater business intelligence to future directives
- Partner engineering, product leadership and data analytics to constantly evolve and improve our data stack to deliver faster, more robust, and more reliable data and insights on the platform
- Maintain a full year global roadmap for the platform features and evolve it as needed to help us grow the usability of Bittrex through differentiated product offerings.
- Work with other executives to research and seize market opportunity and plans to execute on your roadmap
- 10+ years in product management; demonstrating strategic management functions including;
Management of Idea Generation
- Collaborate with business development and leadership to research opportunities and capture the market's unmet and/or under-served needs and identify emerging opportunities (i.e., opportunity for first to market and fast growth trajectory)
- Possess a data-driven approach to filtering ideas based on business viability and potential, scale-ability, company strategy, competitive environment, and capital rate of return
- Capture recommendations regarding prioritization of investments in market requirements documents
- Undertake extensive market research (both primary and secondary to identify new or enhanced services ideas, assess feasibility of ideas and test acceptability among consumers belonging to these market segments
- Cultivate strong relationships among existing and prospective customers who form the market and evaluating response
- Define the service features – selecting the right elements to include in a service.
- Assess value – creating appropriate and clear measures to understand and communicate the value the service/feature offers
- Manage and fund the product lifecycle – deciding which products/services to resource
- Capture and productize service features
- Create necessary internal product documentation (e.g., executive materials, service/product documents, technical services documents, service scopes etc.) and oversea creation of external product documentation and marketing materials (e.g., brochures, product sheets, website)
- Actively manage cross-functional teams for the development of required platforms, interfaces, applications, infrastructure and toolsets (both external-facing and internal), as well as setup and readiness of required production and delivery resources and manage on-time delivery. regarding service/product features, functions, benefits, GTM strategies, etc.
Service Experience Management
- Ensure continual improvement in the overall service experience that exists around actual service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and a frictionless experience
Strategic Marketing and Market Communications Oversight
- Working with the VP, Communications, oversee the strategic marketing function and the marketing communications function, including developing the narrative for compelling messaging and collateral materials that resonate with customer needs (including websites, press releases, product sheets, etc.), and tactical marketing campaigns and communication (including industry event participation and delivering service messaging through various available marketing channels.)
- Lead the effort in gaining the efforts hard-core service professionals to think in terms of “products”
- Manage a coherent project/services portfolio that incorporates new or modified services, ensuring that individual services are successful, and the portfolio of services is healthy. valuating
- Evaluate products/services against cost, market share, and user feedback, while continuously refining the features, pricing and marketing of the services
- Establish and track targets for product/services success and continuously assess investment needs based on performance against those targets
- Classify portfolio based on performance (i.e., successful underused, or problematic) utilizing appropriate metrics such as business service health metrics to assess the impact of service failures on outcomes that customers care about
- Extensive product management experience within emerging technologies.
- BS in Computer Science; working knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency exchange. MBA, preferred, or comparable street smarts
- Familiar with software development methodologies
- Familiar with Agile management methodology
- Ability to travel to customer and non-customer sites in the U.S. and globally
In addition, people describe you as;
- Data-driven in your decision-making
- Customer and design focused, empathetic
- Externally-oriented: you enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market
- Metrics driven (engagement, retention, conversion, bookings, revenue growth)
- Having a blend of business and technical savvy
- Inherently curious with an insatiable desire to learn and grow
- An articulate communicator, a natural leader, compelling speaker, a diplomat, and a compassionate person. Oh, and wicked smart.
cryptocurrency and the reach of the blockchain will all be very…normal.
This could be your most brilliant opportunity to have a strategic role
affecting blockchain adoption, globally. Talk to us, today.
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or
medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.