The Bittrex Security team is looking for a Security Engineer focused on a wide breadth of security functions and challenges across Bittrex. This high-impact role implements and executes an incident response program, acts as a guardian of network and endpoint security, and drives any security issues across the organization to resolution. Furthermore, being a security engineer at Bittrex, the premier U.S. blockchain trading platform, means you must be prepared to solve unique challenges the security industry has never seen before, with passion.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
- Design and drive an incident response program
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future
- Respond to security issues across the organization
- Manage our security monitoring platform and respond to network and endpoint security events
- Run forensics on Windows, Mac and iOS devices
- Understand security vulnerabilities, provides relevant guidance to the development team, and manage their risks until resolution.
- Recognize, adopt and install the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: leadership, development, support, network infrastructure, policy and compliance and PR.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences
- 3+ years experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- In-depth understanding of endpoint and network security for Windows and Linux
- Understands SIEM and endpoint protection technologies and able to operate monitoring systems
- Ability to run in-depth forensics on multiple platforms is a plus
- Understand a wide range of blockchain technologies in depth
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.