The Bittrex Security team is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer leading the design and build of secure applications and infrastructure at Bittrex, the premier blockchain trading platform. The scope of the role is broad; you will be taking a critical role ensuring the quality of architecture and design of Bittrex’s trading platform, helping establish technical standards and processes to write secure programs, defining security requirements for critical infrastructure, as well as solving new and emerging security challenges in the cutting-edge blockchain financial industry.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of application security for cryptography, operating systems, cloud systems, web and mobile applications, blockchain systems, cryptocurrency wallets, and emergent security intelligence.
- Partner with development and operations on designing and building secure applications and infrastructure for critical Bittrex web, mobile blockchain systems as well as corporate systems
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of any Bittrex systems
- Design and implement an application security program
- Audit source code and implement secure coding practice
- Create threat models and security advisory for projects across the organizations
- Leverage knowledge of internal industry prior art in design and decisions
- Understand security vulnerabilities and provide relevant technical guidance to the development team for resolution.
- Recognize, adopt and install the best practices in application security fields throughout the organization: leadership, development, support, network infrastructure, policy and compliance and PR.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences
- 7+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience in information security
- 3+ years of experience on an Application Security team, especially in providing high-quality threat models and auditing source code
- In-depth understanding of enterprise application security program, software engineering practice, and development/deployment process
- In-depth understanding of cryptography and any relevant technologies used in cryptocurrency systems
- Excellent knowledge of operating system, and web and mobile technologies. Thorough understanding of ASP.NET is a huge plus
- Experience leading the delivery of large-scale security projects
Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.